Sheriff Mike Boudreaux and members of his Executive Command Staff met with the Board of Directors for the new Tulare County Sheriff’s Foundation Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at Sheriff’s Headquarters. The Foundation, a nonprofit, will be used to facilitate fund raising for the Sheriff’s K-9 Unit, Search and Rescue and for public safety and new technology.
The Foundation was created to support and enhance services provided by the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office, he said.
Sheriff Boudreaux explained that, historically, the Sheriff’s Office has received generous contributions designated for various Sheriff’s programs, such as the Sheriff’s K-9 Unit, the Sheriff’s Explorers and the Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Unit.
“Now, with our own Foundation, it will allow us to receive donations directly to strengthen these vital programs,” Sheriff Boudreaux said.
During the lunch-time meet and greet event with the Sheriff, board members became acquainted and decided who would serve as president, vice president, secretary and treasurer.
Board members include:
- President Steve Nelsen, Visalia City Councilman and CEO for Downtown Visalians
- Vice President Gabriel Jacques, owner of Caesar’s Towing
- Secretary Richard Mendivil, manager/funeral director for Peers-Lorentzen
- Treasurer Terrie Saenz, Sheriff’s Fiscal Unit manager
- Board Member Ed Needham, farmer